Friday 24 September 2010

Additional Apple Development Related Migraines

Note : Apple Development based Swearing ahead.


On Tuesday I got my new iPod Touch (finally), but haven't had the time to play about with it yet, due to working extra shifts this week.

Gah, everything all at once!

Wednesday I just about had time (grr) to faff about with even more bloody license garbage, and really enjoyed how much garbage I had to go through, just because I'd given Apple more of my money.
FFS!

Thursday, no time, no work done, but I did notice that, inexplicably, Cardagain's audio was now linked to the "Alert" sound volume, and not the bloody iPod's volume.

Fuck, Apple!! What the hell!?!

Friday, time to piss about and make all the necessary fixes.

PlaySystemSound does exactly what's asked of it, but only does so through the Alert volume.
I needed to fix that, and today I spent about an hour trying to tweak that over to AVAudioPlayer methods.

Job done, and I gave it a test, at which point I found out that the stupid damn AVAudioPlayer adds a 0.2 second fuckup each time it tries to play something.

Fuck, Apple!! What the hell!?!

So, next time I get some free time, I have to start all this again, with YET ANOTHER set of Audio Methods.

Hey, Apple.. It's a SODDING IPOD!!

It's JOB.. It's Actual Functional Job.. The purpose of the device... is to PLAY AUDIO!
Why in the name of hell have you made it so god damned hard TO PLAY AUDIO!!!


OMG!
I've NEVER in my life seen a language as completely fudged together as this!

Apple.
You suck!

Hurry up, Mark Sibly! The world needs you!

No comments:

Post a Comment