Wednesday 15 September 2010

Progress Report...

Things have been superslow with Arcade Slots.
Each day that I try to do something, I remember that there's 100 other little "Keep Apple Happy" bits and pieces that I must do.

It's almost put me off iDev, because I can't seem to get into my games the same way that I usually do.
Normally I'd copy my framework folder, open the folder, open the BlitzMax code, and begin.
And that'd be that.

But with iDev, there's SO much more to it.
Little bits here and there, hundreds of tweaks to do, and god only knows how much faffing around I have to do, just to achieve the simplest of things.

Gah!
Apple!!

WHY!?

So, for the past two days, I've been working on a Framework.
Just like my Blitz framework, it'll and up being just a click/open/start.
In this case, I'm forming a Template for XCode, which when started, creates a basic shell of a game.
It's nothing amazing, but it's a simple enough start that you then don't have to worry about all those niggling little bugs, cropping up and destroying your game-code-time!

I'll post more on that in a couple of days time. Lemmie see how much cool stuff I can cram into it first!

..
THEN I'll get some games done!

No comments:

Post a Comment