Friday 21 January 2011

Spike Dislike FAQ

What's it called?!
Spike Dislike, and/or SpikeDislike, either or.
I messed up trying to get the space to work. I had it working fine when I did Stringy Things, but forgot how I did it, and it all messed up when I tried this time! Whoops!
Better luck next time, eh!
Still, either will do. If it helps to pick one, SpikeDislike is easier to Google, what with it being a none-word.

Super Spike Dislike comes from a rush-job with the logo. I grabbed it from Super Spike Dislike
Maybe I'll fix it, Maybe I won't.
One day, I'll add shooting, and THEN it'll be SUPER Spike Dislike!!

Any updates?
Of course!

Like....?
I've played with the speed, so perhaps changing other methods of movement...?
Shooty bullets would be Super.
Different objects?
Better gfx!!
But, as Gabrien said on the TouchArcade forum, there's no point in breaking the "real" game's logic. Instead I'll add different modes, with different highscores. That'll keep anything new from breaking the original.

I'd also love to add a new gamemode, with little challenges, and things like that.
More details as I bother to start that!!

And GameCenter?
YES!!!
But..
a. Never done it before, haven't a clue what I'm doing, might take a while!!
and b... If I want to add achievements, I apparently need a 100% static list.
From day 1, I'd need a complete list.
Now, assuming these achievements would be things that are relevant to the forthcoming challenge mode, it's probably a good idea to do the whole challenge mode thing first, because I won't know the accomplishments before I've done that, and I won't be able to add GameCenter until that's done.
Bah!
Annoyingly I'd really love to just plop online scores in, but Apple, in their infinite wisdom, made this annoyingly slow.

To be fair, though, if I'd have planned this from the start it'd probably help.
No matter!

About those themes...
New graphics, obviously! Try to spice things up a bit.
I should probably try to jazz things up a bit, but I've already grown to love the really basic starfield, even if it is the cheapest starfield effect I've done in years!

I'm also considering changes the sounds for each pack. I might make that an option, though!
I'd love to ask for graphic-pack submissions, but I've not quite decided how they're going to end up being setup.
I've currently got all the graphics in 4 different images. One for all the spikes, one for the balls, one for the floors and another for the backgrounds.
I really should neaten that up a bit, and make things one-pic-per-theme!
I'll let you know how that goes.

Other Questions?
If you have any other requests, leave them in the comments, and I'll get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment